The name of our school actually refers to two country doctors, a father and his son, each dedicated to a lifetime of community support in addition to his medical career: They were Dr. George W. Hall and his son Dr. George C.R. Hall respectively. In 1885, (over one hundred years ago), Dr. Hall began his practice in Little Britain. George W. Hall practiced from 1895 until 1936. His son Dr. George C.R. Hall continued to practice until 1981 (An excerpt from an address given by Mrs. Audrey Little, October 26, 1996).
The school opened its doors to 558 Junior Kindergarten to Grade Eight students in September of 1995. In the area of academics, many of our students excel and most do their best. Our students participate in a wide variety of extra curricular activities-sports teams, bands, choirs, clubs, musicals, and more. Our students are community minded as they have demonstrated in their enthusiasm to help each other, and the larger community in efforts such as: the Terry Fox Run, Jump Rope for Heart, Operation Christmas Child, the Christmas Hamper Program and Free the Children.
Approximately 90% of our students are bused to school.