Good Afternoon Grade 8 Parents,
The purpose of this email is to provide updated information around Grade 9 course selections for LCVI. The relevant documents have been emailed directly to our Grade 8 families via SchoolMessenger email. If you did not receive this email (with the relevant documents), please reach out to your child’s homeroom teacher.
Information Google Meet for Students Will Still Happen on Tuesday, January 19 at 11:55 am
– the Google Meet for our grade 8s will still happen on January 19 at 11:55 am. Due to Covid-19 restrictions this year, the meeting was going to be via Google Meet anyways (organized in the classroom).
– either Ms. Graham, Mrs. Ridgway, or Ms. Naylor will organize the Google Meet and send the Google Meet link and invite out to students prior to the meeting
– the purpose of the meeting will be to provide information to students around the different available pathways and courses available to them
– students can then discuss discuss their options and complete the paper course selection sheet
Parent Information Google Meet on Wednesday, January 27 at 6:30 pm
– Ms. Kathy Naylor, guidance counsellor from LCVI, is hosting a Google Meet on January 27 at 6:30 pm for parents to join her
– she will provide information around pathways and courses and will answer any questions that families might have
– the Google Meet link for this evening will be sent out prior to the meeting
Entering Course Selections Into the Online System
– instructions have been attached to this email showing families how to enter their course selections into the online system
– our students are quite tech savvy in this area, so most of our families will be able to do this fairly easy
– should you have any questions or difficulty accessing and using the online system, please reach out to your child’s homeroom teacher (if there are issues that we cannot resolve, we can reach out to Mrs. Naylor from LCVI for additional support)
– at the latest, course selections should be entered into the online system by February 26
If Your Child Is Not Attending LCVI
– if you know that your child is not going to attend LCVI, you should not fill out the LCVI online course selection system
– you will want to reach out to the high school you anticipate your child attending to make sure that they can attend and determine how you enter course selections for that high school
– if you aren’t sure which high school your child is going to attend, you will want to speak with Mrs. Naylor on the LCVI Parent Information Night on January 27 in terms of whether or not to complete an LCVI course selection sheet (your child can also ask this question during their Google Meet with Mrs. Naylor next Tuesday, January 19)
Exciting times as your child(ren) head into high school! I bet for some parents it feels like yesterday that your kids were beginning JK! If you have questions, please reach out to your child’s homeroom teacher. We will do our best to answer whatever questions you might have.