The DGH Olympic Organizing Committee is excited to announce Olympic activities between February 9th and 16th! In recognition of the Winter Olympic Games being held in South Korea this year, DGH is offering its students the opportunity to participate in winter events.
The letter sent home with students can be viewed by clicking here..
• Students will be organized and participate in various countries from around the world.
• Opening Ceremonies are on Friday, February 9th during the 3rd block.
• Events will be held on Monday, February 12th, Tuesday, February 13th and Thursday, February 15th during the 3rd block.
• Closing Ceremonies are on Friday, February 16th during the 3rd block.
• Potential activities include: ball hockey, fill garbage can with snow, biathlon, crazy carpet relay, land skis, bobsled, obstacle course and tug of war.
• Grade 1 to 8 students have the opportunity to go skating at the Little Britain Community Centre (dates for classes are on the letter sent home or can be obtained by clicking on the link above). Kindergarten students have already scheduled skating at the Community Centre.
• We are asking that students donate $1 to cover the cost of skating. This can be given to their homeroom teacher.
We are excited and looking forward to the DGH Olympic Games!