DGH community, our next Parent Council Meeting is Wednesday, October 18 at 6:00 pm in our library. It isn’t too late to join our Council! If you are interested, please join us next Wednesday evening.
Kristin Watt and Grant Boudreault (the two people in the photo attached to this post) are our Co-Chairs. They are volunteering at a previous Breakfast With Santa – one of the DGH’s amazing traditions! As you can tell from the photo, they are having lots of fun AND are our contributing to our school community.
When We Meet
• roughly 5 or 6 times a year
• we meet on the 3rd Wednesday of the month (on the months that we meet)
• meetings last about 1 to 1.5 hours
What We Discuss
• fundraising for the school
• school events, happenings and initiatives
• academic directions that the school is taking
• general TLDSB information and initiatives
What We Do
• help out at the school (e.g., Breakfast with Santa, Grad Breakfast and other school events)
• support the school (e.g., the purchase of equipment and support for activities like Jimmy Chapman)
What To Expect
• it’s low key AND a great way to find out more about the school
While it is ideal if you can attend all meetings, it’s okay if you have to miss some meetings! We understand that life happens (kids’ sports and hectic lives!). Being a part of Parent Council helps our school community.