The DGH staff hopes that everyone had an enjoyable holiday. Time with family and an opportunity to unwind and relax a little is always appreciated. The holiday gives everyone in the school community the chance to recharge themselves for the next stretch of the school year which goes to the March Break.
Within these 2 months there will be many things happening. It is kind of a “hold onto your hat” feeling because of how many things take place:
• the LCVI Band visits DGH on Friday, January 8th,
• our basketball teams have been practising for the past several weeks and compete at the Zone tournaments (and hopefully County tournaments) in mid to late January,
• the basketball season will no more than end and the volleyball season will begin,
• Ms. Graham, as she has done for years, will be convening both the Senior Zone Basketball tournaments at DGH and also the Senior Girls County tournament at FFSS,
• First term Report Cards will go home in mid-February, and,
• Constable Lanning will be continuing her visits with our grade 6s for the OPP KIDS programme.
Our Parent Council will also be active. In addition to its regular meetings, the Council will be running its very popular and successful Little Caesars Pizza Fundraiser in mid-January. As always, the profits from this fundraiser are used to support students at our school and your support is greatly appreciated.