Parents and guardians of students in Ms. Anderson’s, Ms. Kirkpatrick’s and Ms. Marsh’s classes – the trip to Pingles Farm scheduled for Friday, June 12th has been CANCELLED. The weather for tomorrow is calling for a high percentage chance of rain and thunderstorms which is a significant issue since almost all of the trip takes place outdoors.
The primary staff involved are currently looking to RESCHEDULE the field trip; however, we do not yet have that information. A letter will be going home with each student in these classes and, hopefully, a rescheduled date can be provided. If the trip cannot be rescheduled, money for the trip’s cost will be refunded to families.
The decision to reschedule has been made in advance as it is difficult to let parents and guardians know in the morning whether or not the trip is a “go.” We apologize for the inconvenience this will cause for families (unfortunately we are not yet able to control the weather!).