All of the hard work is about to pay-off!
The DGH Skipping Team, which has been practising for MONTHS!, is preparing to head off to the board-wide competition on Thursday, May 14th. To say that Ms. Burns has a slight passion for the Skipping Team would be a bit of an understatement! The DGH Skipping Team has 58 members (or more than 20%(!) of the school’s student body).
Many skipping team members will be sporting their new “Husky Hoppers” t-shirts. There is a just a wee bit of pride in their accomplishments (as well there should be!).
Skippers will be competing in different age categories:
• Open (which is a mix of ages)
Skippers will be competing in many different events:
• Individual events: 30 second speed and double unders
• Team events: Speed Relay, Double under relay, freestyle (dance routines), double dutch
• Master Events: 3 Minutes speed, 3 minute double under, 3 minute double dutch
• Endurance event: double unders