DGH school community, our school level Track and Field Event takes place on May 11th and 12th. This is a popular day for many of our students! While placement ribbons are given out, the day is REALLY about participating to the best of your ability! First or last – if a student has put forth her/his best effort – that is what counts on Track and Field Day.
May 11th will be a “full day” of Track and Field Events. May 12th will have “final races” taking place.
Please ensure that your daughter or son are dressed appropriately and prepared for the day:
• shorts and a t-shirt (but bringing track pants and a sweater would be a good idea if it is a cooler day)
• running shoes
• a hat (even thought it is not summer, the sun is strong enough for bad sunburns)
• sunblock (it is a good idea to put it on before coming to school, too)
Students Compete in the Following Categories:
Junior: 9 and 10 years-old (born 204-2005)
(100m, 400m, Long Jump and Triple Jump)
Intermediate: 11 and 12 years-old (born 2002-2003)
(100m, 200m, 400m (school only), 800m, Long Jump, Triple Jump and Shot Put)
Senior: 13+ years-old (born 2001)
(100m, 200m, 400m (school only), 1500m, Long Jump, Triple Jump and Shot Put)
• please be sure to bring a full lunch with lots of water for these days. Students will be active and outside for much of the day, so being hydrated will be important!
• IF A STUDENT IS NOT PARTICIPATING IN AN EVENT THE EXPECTATION IS THAT THEY WILL BE A GOOD HUSKY AND CHEER ON THEIR FELLOW STUDENTS AND ATHLETES
• students ARE NOT allowed to bring their cellphones, iPads/iPods and other electronics outside (which is the school’s standard policy)
• students ARE NOT allowed to take footballs, soccer balls and other items like that outside during Track and Field. In past years this has been an issue.