Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
Visual dental checks:
● Provide parents with advice on the dental needs of their children
● Provide access to Health Unit dental financial assistance programs
● Help with the development of community dental programs
All students in JK, SK and grade 2 will be provided with a check.
Children who have used the Children In Need of Treatment Program (CINOT) may be checked.
● Parents of students in these grades who do NOT want their child checked must advise the school
● Parents of students NOT in one of the designated grades can request a check by contacting the
health unit or sending a request to the school.
Dental checks are conducted by a Registered Dental Hygienist. This check does not replace your
child’s regular dental visit. You will be advised of your child’s recommended dental needs.
Please contact the Oral Health Department if you have any questions regarding this program.
Northumberland City of Kawartha Lakes Toll Free
County & Haliburton County 1-866-888-4577
(905) 885-9100 (705) 324-3569 Ext 1247