Kindergarten Registration Takes Place from January 26th to February 6th
(if your child was born in 2011, he/she is eligible to begin JK in September 2015)
One of the bigger moments of the school year takes place soon! Parents will soon be able to register their soon to be JK daughters and sons for the 2015-2016 school year. If you have older sons or daughters at school then you are probably comfortable with the process.
However, if this is your first child to come to school we know that the process can seem a little complicated and, let’s face it, your first child going to school is a big deal! Staff at Dr. George Hall Public School will be happy to help guide you along the way. There are no “silly” questions! Any question that you may ask has probably been asked before and it is far better to have a sense of how the Kindergarten programme and DGH operates.
How to Register Your JK Daughter or Son at DGH
1. Come visit the office at DGH. Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; however, the best time would be to come after 9:30 a.m. when the morning “rush” has ended. You are always welcome to call the office at 705-786-1915 and office staff will let you know the best time to drop in.
2. You will be given a registration package to fill out. You can fill that out right at the school, or you can take it home, fill it out and then return it to the school. The package provides us with important information about your child.
3. There are a few items that you will want to bring with you:
• proof of age of each child
•. name and phone number of family doctor
• child’s immunization record
• residence road name and 911 address
• Ontario Health Card number (optional).
4. Once the package and registration forms have been completed and submitted, your child will be added to our list of JK students starting next year.
A “Welcome to Kindergarten” visit to the school for parents and next year’s JKs will be held later in the spring. This is an opportunity for you to visit the school, visit your child’s potential classrooms for next year and to meet the Kindergarten team. In this visit you will also have an opportunity to ask any questions that you might have and get a sense of what the Kindergarten programme really looks like. Welcome to Kindergarten is always a great experience and we always encourage parents to attend!