DGH – The Terry Fox Challenge is Out There!
On Friday afternoon (September 12th), DGH kicked off its annual Terry Fox Fundraiser. A number of students from Mr. Hetherington’s class spoke about Terry Fox’s inspirational message and how DGH can help support his dream by raising money to fight cancer. Mr. Hetherington and Mrs. Marsh even took pies in the face as part of a challenge from last year!
Dr. George Hall students will be participating in our school’s Terry Fox Run in the 3rd block of Friday, September 26th.
Terry Fox might just be Canada’s greatest hero! Students learned today that he ran for 143 days – running a marathon each day. He stopped only when the return of cancer forced him to end his run.
So, Huskies, how can you keep Terry Fox’s dream alive? By raising money and donating it to the Terry Fox foundation. You can raise money in 2 different ways:
– by getting a pledge sheet from Mr. Hetherington and returning the pledge sheet and money to the school, or
– by donating money via the Terry Fox website (more Information will be on this below).
EVERY CENT COUNTS!
TO DONATE ONLINE CLICK ON THIS LINK! This will take you to Terry Fox Organization’s webpage. You will then follow the steps below to donate!
1. On the website that appears click on “Donate Now” on the right-hand side of the page.
2. Click “Donate Online” on the next screen.
3. Click on “Donate to a participant, school, team, or event.”
4. Click on “Donate to a School/Student.”
5. There will be a box to type in the name of the school – you will type in “Dr. George Hall PS.”
If you have any difficulty or require assistance, please feel free to contact the office or Mr. Hetherington at 705-786-1915,
Dr. George Hall PS thanks you for your support!